|04.2008 to present: Electronic Arts The Sims Project (The Sims 3, EPs, Tools, The Sims Medieval and more)|
|07.2005 to 03.2008: FrameFree Technologies,
2006.07-04.2008: Chief Scientist, Senior Engineer,
- Supervised and contributed to a number of R&D and engineering projects developed by international
teams in the US, Russia and Japan with total up to 8 engineers reporting. Some of the projects:
-- Experimental video CODEC based on FrameFree Video (FFV),
-- Motion deblur project for cell phone cameras,
-- Interpolated VR-like panoramas for motion pictures, video and games,
-- Development and integration of FrameFree SDK into an external application,
-- Conversion of 2D to Stereoscopic 3D for video,
-- Stereoscopic 3D viewer for terrain data visualization,
-- Security and remote sensing cameras real time apps,
-- Port of the core pixel matching algorithms to FPGA,
- Conducted to due diligence and evaluation of an external IP in discrete math,
- Made principal contribution to several patent applications for Frame Free Video.
2005.07-2006.06: Senior Engineer, Scientist
- Contributed to the design and development of innovative video compression scheme FFV
by researching, evaluating and implementing existing and novel motion segmentation
techniques, clustering methods, compression schemes for different kinds of data and more,
- Using D3D and pixel shaders implemented standalone real time player for FFV,
- Developed in Python distributed encoding framework.
|04.2002 to 07.2005: Sony Computer Entertainment America (SCEA,
Rise to Honor for PS2 Jet Li Game (Greatest Hits, Editor’s Choice Award by GamePro Magazine),
Senior Programmer, generalist. While working closely with designers and animators:
- Contributed to AI: dynamic obstacles avoidance, automated navigation graph generation, contributed to scripting systems, worked on systems integration, etc
- Developed Contextual Action system and implemented number of contextual actions (RTH and Jet Li Game 2),
- Proposed and implemented with coworkers enhancements to grab system,
- Contributed to tools development, integrated Python into Motor Tool, used Python scripting for data analysis, recovery, validation and manipulation,
- Modeled physically based in-game helicopter and vehicles movement
- Proposed and implemented in Python an automated refactoring procedure for unmanageable legacy code
Jet Li Game 2, PS2/PSP:
- Implemented an inexpensive flocking system for birds controlled by regular NPC AI and AI scripts,
- Integrated Lua as scripting language for AI, implemented foundation for the use of Lua co-routines in AI scripting
- Using wxPython developed UI-driven Behavior Editor integrated with Maya via sockets communication
- Proposed Orwellian State Machine AI architecture, contributed to its implementation for Stealth and Formation AI
- Presented "Orwellian AI" talk on GDC'05 and contributed to "Game AI Wisdom 3"
|04.2001 to 04.2002: 3DO Company, Principal Engineer,
Jonny Moseley Mad Trix for PS2
- Implemented physics of extreme downhill skiing including flips, spins, grinds, half-pipes etc.
- Plausible physics for non-player objects
AnimaTek World Builder (AWB)
Introduced the original concept and
supervised the development of:
Played the key role in creating of
technical proposals and specifications for several high-profile projects.
The most high-profile project:
|12.2000-03.2001. Geometrix Inc (San Jose, CA)
Contract programming. |
Developing additional export OpenGL-based functions and UI controls for Immersion’s LightScribe (3D computer vision package) and in-house applications.
|1994. For Pedagogical University of Weingarten,
co-developed two educational 3D programs "Geometric Modules Test" and "Solidest".
|1993-1994. As a part time employee at RRG (Moscow, currently Interna, a former subsidiary of Rockwell Science Center) contributed to the conceptual design and prototyping of a new visual object-oriented programming system BPE (Block Programming Environment).|
|Winter of 1993/94. Presented a course of lectures on object-oriented programming in Moscow Institute of Electronics (Zelenograd, 20 hours)|
|1989-1993. As a Senior Researcher at Research Institute for
Micro-Electronic Devices (division of ELAS state company,
- Leading a group of engineers developed a debugging and testing system for space telecommunication onboard software for joint project with Sun Microsystems and NASA code name “Courier”.
- Contributed to development of special purpose control systems on a classified project.
|1984-1989. Contract work at MIPT (Moscow Institute of Physics
and Technology) on a jet control system model.|
- Proposed and tested a new method of translating of 2D modeling results to 3D flows with axial symmetry. A remarkably high correlation with experimental data was achieved.
- Implemented a system for modeling of flows with axial symmetry and free surface
1986-1989. Postgraduate courses at MIPT, Ph.D. in “Mathematical Cybernetics”. The dissertation introduced new methods of order reduction for optimal control systems using methods of Lie groups, symplectic geometry and theory of categories.
1980-1986. MIPT, Faculty of Control and Applied Mathematics. Master's Degree in Automatic Control.
|Technical summary: C/C++, variety of platforms and programming languages, SDKs, APIs, etc.|
scientific and technical presentations and papers (10 in English, 11 in
My LinekedIn profile